SocialLink includes a "groups" section that will be utlized by our member groups. Below is an overview on accessing this section on SocialLink and the various functionalities it has.
Accessing the "groups" section on the web version of SocialLink:
- Login on the NCHICA website with your username and password.
- Click on "groups" on the top navigation bar.
- The groups that are available for you to join and the groups that you are already a member of will appear here. The group administrators will be listed as well, in case you would like to reach out to one of them.
- Click on the group in order to access the group homepage. If you are the admin on the group, an admin button will appear on the homepage for you to control various group settings.
- Don't see a group here that you think would be useful for NCHICA memebers? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
Accessing the "groups" section on the mobile app version of SocialLink:
- Download the SocialLink mobile app (apple | google play) and login with your same username and password.
- Click on the menu button on the navigation bar.
- There will be two sections you can view: My Groups and Available Groups.
- Click on the group you want to view in order to view posts/post.
- Group Feed: a central feed that all group members can view and post on. Text, images and documents can all be posted here and posts appear in chronological order when group members login.
- Directory: a directory of all group members that allows you to access their profiles. All group members are automatically added to the directory and all NCHICA members have access to search this directory. If a member does not want to appear in the NCHICA directory, they can adjust this setting in their member profile.
- Calendar: view upcoming events for your group – admin can post events in this calendar and also allow group members to post. This is a great place to share upcoming events and note any travel you might be doing. New event postings appear on the group homepage.
- Blogs: admin and group members can add blog posts here for group members to view. Group members can subscribe to receive notifications from the blog when a new post is added. New blog posts appear on the group homepage.
- Forums: Forums can be created here for discussion on specific topics or documents. Members can subscribe to receive notifications from certain forums if they so choose. All members can post new forum topics and comment on existing forums. New forum activity appears on the group homepage.
- Photo gallery: admin can create and manage photo albums here – admin can also choose to let all group members create albums and post photos. This could be a great place to post relevant photos from events that group members attend.
- Email all members: admin can email all group members – settings can be changed to allow any group member to send emails as well. By default, only admin can do this, so please contact the NCHICA office to change this.
Mobile app version
the mobile app version does have limited functionality.
- Group Feed: a central feed that all group members can view and post on. Text and images can all be posted here and posts appear in chronological order when group members login to the app.
If you have any additional questions please reach out to us at email@example.com!